Evening & Weekend GP & Nurse Appointments
Our surgery provides additional GP & Nurse appointments on weekday evenings - 18:30 to 20:00 and weekends - 09.00 - 15.00
Please contact the surgery reception to book an appointment or call 01702 742102 after 18.30 weekdays and over the weekend.
Appointments will be offered from:
North Shoebury Surgery, Frobisher Way, Shoeburyness, Southend-on-Sea
Queensway Surgery, 75 Queensway, Southend-on-Sea
To book an appointment please contact your surgery or call 01702 742102 after 18.30 or over the weekend.
If at any time you are unable to see your appointments or would like to book an appointment after using your allocation, please always call the office on
01702 742102 and the team will be happy to help you.
Need medical help when your GP surgery is closed?
Get help and advice from NHS 111, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – including bank holidays. Call 111 (free to call).
Seek advice from your pharmacist
Visit your local pharmacy for advice. Visit www.nhs.uk or call 111 to find details of your nearest pharmacy.
GP Out-of-hours service
Call 111 to access the GP out-of-hours service (between 6.30pm and 8am weekdays and all day at weekends and bank holidays).
You can now book an appointment with a GP or practice nurse on weekends/bank holidays 9am to 3pm or evenings Monday to Friday 7pm to 9pm
At Southend Medical Centre (50-52 London Rd, Southend SS1 1PR) & North Shoebury Surgery (Frobisher Way, Shoeburyness SS3 8UT). Advanced appointments can be booked via your usual GP service. For on the day appointments please telephone one of the surgeries above during the times shown. THIS IS NOT A WALK IN SERVICE – APPOINTMENT ONLY
Castle Point & Rochford and Southend CCGs believe funding of medicines available to purchase to treat self-limiting conditions and minor ailments and self-care is a personal responsibility.
They have issued a Position Statement to inform doctors not to prescribe medication for minor ailments of which medications are readily available Over The Counter.
Please discuss with your pharmacist about treatment.
For more information please visit Southend CCG
List of conditions of which medication is available to buy.
Please click here: List of minor ailments treatable with medication purchased Over The Counter
Dr Irlam, Dr Alwan, Dr Odina, & Dr Palmer
27 Southchurch Boulevard,
Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 4UB
Tel: 01702 468443
Fax: 01702 603281
Please be aware that this email is not checked on a daily basis and should not be used for urgent enquiries. if your question is urgent please call the surgery.
How to get to us
Bus routes: central surgery is in Southchurch Boulevard which is on the Arriva No 1 and Stephenson No 14 bus routes.
It is also a short walk away from Hamstel Road which is on the First Number 27 Bus route.
The local railway station is Southend East station which is also a short walk from where we are.
Reception is open:
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 6.30pm
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please see the practice privacy notice on the website or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
- For more information ask at reception for a leaflet OR visit our privacy notices page or ask for paper copies of our policies.